Thursday, February 16, 2012

Prosperous Blessings 福華大樓

Many of you have been asking for photos of our new apartment here in rainy Taipei, and I promise to deliver once we purchase some last few "finishing" touches. I would like the unveiling of our new place to already feel like home rather than a rental and I think it will take maybe a plant, a couple of pictures and maybe some pillows and we should be all set.
Until then, here is a photo of the entrance of our front door. As you can see there are 4 characters that greet us every time we walk through the doors and it's "福華大樓" The first character stands for Blessings, the second has multiple meanings but for this particular post it is best that we use the meaning of prosperity or being prosperous. The third character is big and the fourth character means floor (as in 1st floor, 2nd floor, etc). together, it can literally mean Prosperous Blessing Building.

I really haven't given much thought to the fact that most buildings, like in America, are named. Maybe it's Feng Shui, maybe it's the ego of the architect, but we all live in buildings that should sound lucky...or blessed. However, I actually think I am getting more prosperous by living in this apartment and here is the reason why.

Since John started his new job that brought us around the globe to Taiwan he has had to make a few business trips to France, Canada, China, Japan, Germany...just to name a few, and usually he comes home after spending hours upon hours on
an airplane and is jet lagged and tired so he usually looks at me and says..."I'll unpack tomorrow." When tomorrow arrives he usually heads off to work bright and early in which it's then just me staring at a big suitcase filled with stuff in the middle of the living room. That lasts for about 2 hours before I feel the urge to unpack and clean it.

Every time I unpack for John it's like a prosperous blessing because I find money from every corner and nook of his suitcase, pants pocket and jacket pocket. I finally took all the money I've found since he started his job and literally found:
Yen: from Japan
RMB: from China
Euro: from France/Germany
NT: from Taiwan
I didn't find Canadian Dollars but then again we just started our journey in Asia and I'm sure by the end of our stint there will be Canadian Dollars and much much more collected. I'm not typically one to believe in fortune tellers or "signs" of any nature, but I gotta say that moving into a Prosperous Blessing building has actually turned out to be literally prosperous for me since I'm richer than I was before and a total Blessing because I feel like I can actually head to many countries without having to stop by the currency exchange...I'll just go into my closet where I've begun a "Monies of the World" collection and just grab from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment