Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

As promised from the last post a cute group shot of us at the Don Dapper night. We all got dressed up and headed out for a super fun night.

I will say that we were the only ones that apparently got the memo about it being a Don Dapper party cuz we dressed to the nines and when we got there and people were wearing jeans and hoodies it was only the slightest bit awkward McGee's.







Also, Carnegie's Crazy Hour. From 7-9 at a little bar in Taipei they have Pint and half pint Stella's for 99NT which equals to about less than $3.00 USD. Therefore as you can imagine John and I spent quite a bit of time there....getting to know the bar...errr I mean city.


















Besides drinking...our second favoritest hobby is eating. We've been trying to try new restaurants and areas rather than going back to the places we love. Sometimes it's a huge success and other times it's terrible. For example this place where John is at. Adorable atmosphere, cutest little bowls of soup, an amazing spread of olive oils for the bread and a wonderful variety of foods to choose from on the menu. We were so stoked when we sat down but after the first couple of bites of appetizer we realized that the description of the food was 10 times better than the taste of the food itself. It was quite a disappointment but at least we tried it out and crossed it off the to do list and probably will not be heading back unless it's to just eat bread and dip it in their yummy olive oils.












And then there is this place. From the outside it looked a bit ghetto superstar and the tables were covered in this gaudy plastic pink tablecloth. For all intent and purpose it would not be the first place I would walk into if passing by.

But once we ordered and took our first bite we were in love. Everything was so delicious, fragrant and amazing. There wasn't a bite that wasn't simply satisfying. It is restaurants like this that cause John and I to go home with a huge gut and super stretched out tummies. This place went down our list as a place that we will definitely go back and bring our peeps for a very traditional Taiwanese meal.






Lastly, as most of you know I have been looking work now for a few months and the offers have
come in but nothing that I wanted to take. So one could say I've had some time on my hands. In that time I've tried to work on some hobbies and art projects for our apartment. So to kill two birds with one stone I handmade a frame and put in photos from our wedding in it so that we had some color on our walls AND I printed out some wedding photos since I have yet to print out any photos from our wedding. It felt great. Now I just need to find a drill to hang it up.

Lastly, for all you readers who have been kind enough to follow up and share in this journey with John and I....I am happy to say that this Friday I was offered two jobs that I am very excited about and after a weekend of sweating, going back and forth and an internal debate I (and John since he's sick of talking about it) have
decided to go with the first offer. I start tomorrow morning bright and early and will update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment