Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Too Wanderlusted to Post

Dear Readers, let me start off by saying "my bad" totally haven't been posting like I should on the tales of Doris the Exploris this last month. But that doesn't mean we haven't been busy. Thanks to global warming and the daily average temperature being over 100  degrees John and I have spent most week nights indoors staying cool and I've even managed to get John to start watching season 8 of Grey's Anatomy and I have never seen my husband of 12 years laugh and cry and laugh again in less than 45 minutes (the length of the show)


However, the weekend warriors in us have been hiking in PingLing (平林)


And also spending a day at the beach in BaiShaWan (白沙灣) which has been quite nice.
I will say that all this "outdoor" activity time has not gotten John or myself any tanner or any closer to winning "you've had a great summer" award. We are as pale as ever mostly due to our fear that this close to the equator will get us so burned that we end up wearing SPF 2,042 every time we do anything outdoorsy.

We've also been babysitting our friends cat while he is back stateside and although I have never owned a pet I will say that I've fed Tripod and Datou twice and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...however, I will admit I have yet to clean the kitty litter. John has been but in charge of poop duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment